Thursday, August 7, 2008

Love of My Moma and Daddy

Yesterday, my mother and father, both in their 70's, ended up needing care. My sister and I tagged teamed. Mom is in the hospital, and dad is at home with pneumonia. I realized yesterday the fragility of our aging parents. Life is fragile and beautiful. Mom held my hand last night when she got out of bed, and limped to the bathroom. She layed her head on my shoulder when she felt dizzy. She rested soundly in the hospital bed next to the hospital sofa I laid on. All of this reminded me of the times she took care of me. All the times I had my babies, and she was right there beside me making sure I made it to the bathroom o.k.

Meanwhile at home, Daddy was fussing about being too medicated by the doctor. I had to fuss at him, begging him to do what the doctor is telling him to do so his pneumonia didn't get any worse. Ok, by fuss, I mean strongly suggest. Daddy has COPD on top of the pneumonia, so they have to treat it aggressively...and he has diabetes.

You know, after typing this, I realize I need to ask for prayers for my folks. I love them so much. They have certainly taught us how to care for one another in the family. Good parents, good parents.

MFW

No comments: