Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our God is Good...All the Time

In our readings today, I learned that our God is Good! I learned that our God is FAITHFUL! I learned that when I call upon the name of the Lord, He hears me, and He takes care of me. And, I learned, or should I say, was affirmed, that our Lord loves to be praised at all times and in all generations (1 Corinthians 1:1-9; Psalm 145; Matthew 24:42-51).

This fills my spirit this morning, as I am trying to know the character of Jesus. He is FAITHFUL! I think of His promises...His promise to never abandon, His promise to always work things in my life for His good, His promise of eternal life. I cling to those promises, even in this spiritual desert. We also have the expression of this through our Catholic church. We are able to be in the true presence of our Lord each day. We are able to go to Him, and leave it at the cross...

I remember struggling with the "how" of doing that when Steve was sick. I remember thinking, "Oh, so easy to say. Leave your burdens at the foot of the cross." How do you walk away from the cross without the burdens? Is Jesus going to write the check for the late bill at the collections office? Is Jesus going to stop Steve's pain literally? As soon as I started going to Adoration, and not focusing on just the cross, but the real presence, I realized the friend that I had no matter the time of day. I realized how those promises in Scripture are alive in our world today. Amen. Alleluia. I love our Lord! I love Scripture, and the expression of our faith by connecting Scripture to Tradition! Whew Hee!!! Praise God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post today.
Humor me and try something. You used the phrase "He is FAITHFUL".
Try changing the emphasis to,
"He IS faithful".
Reflect on that thought for just a couple of seconds. What are your thoughts?

Mary Frances said...

Good pondering. In my post, I think the FAITHFUL fits more fully what I was trying to convey. In my life, I have to remember the FAITHFUL part, so I emphasized it. However, there have been times in my life where I think and I pray, "He IS faithful."

I hope this wasn't a trick question. I am not that good with subtle differences. Or theological differences either. Thanks for posing the question.