Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Entry - Yippee

So, I decided to use some boredom time (i.e. time I should be studying) to update this stupid blog.

I had an amazing experience in church this morning. The little girl that was hurt in the four wheeler accident this summer was at Mass this morning. After the intercessory prayer, Fr. Matt explained that the word, "Eucharist" means, "Thanksgiving". He explained that we need to offer our prayers of Thanksgiving, and then told the congregation that all of our prayers were lifted to Heaven for Katie, and that here she was after a long road of recovery. I was brought right back to the summer of 2002. I couldn't stop crying at the witnessing of miracles. Katie has a long way to go. Steve did as well. Hearing Steve talk this morning about the timeline of the Bible and which books were written, why and when, reminds me that we are all called for purpose. Katie is, too. She may not know what that purpose is. I don't know my purpose yet, either. We are all called to know, love and serve the Lord. Steve does that through his wake up call of 2002. I never understood that. I think we were both called to serve through that incident. I used to resent that. I embrace it now. I want to be the Proverbs 31 wife, as was read this morning at the first reading. When Steve becomes a deacon in the church, I want to be that wife that brings him honor and such.

I love you, Jesus! I love you, Jesus!

Praise God.

Wallace, OUT!

No comments: