Monday, September 8, 2008

Gustav...Thank you, very Much!

Since Gustav hit, our family has been topsy-turvy. Our entire little family (6 of us) moved into my office for about 3 days, until Deacon Daddy said, "Enough." He and the little ones moved to Slidell until this morning. We still have no power, but I called Steve last night crying, "Please come home, please come home." I am essential staff at my work, and for them to go to Slidell, well, I really did get things done. But, I now miss my family - power or not!

I went to CTK church last night, upset, and yearning to receive our Lord. Father Vu talked about how he had met a woman that "exuded a love for the Lord, even in the midst of Gustav." I want to be that woman. I want to exude a love and confidence in the Lord, no matter the circumstance. I want others to say about me, "She is confident in the Lord." I want to be an instrument the Lord uses to bring others to Him. Love, mercy, kindness.

Why is my faith on low fuel right now?? As I was in Mass last night, I prayed, "Let me feel you again." Why can't I feel His presence right now? This seems like part of my struggle. I remember in my younger days, I had no doubts that Jesus was walking with me. Now, I feel that absence. I took Eucharist last night in thanksgiving, and love, and yet, so unworthy. Please pray for me.
MFW

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think about the Footsteps poem. He is always with you. You just may be at a point where even though you don't feel him he is carrying your burdens for you. I'll keep praying for you!

Mary Frances said...

Maggi...you are an excellent friend, and I thank you for praying for me. You are a true Christian sister.

M

Steven Wallace said...

We are unworthy all the time, but God loves us anyway, and still wants us to come to Him and His table.
We were missing you too and were happy to come home. I hope hat you are feeling closer to the Lord than you were a week ago.