Sunday, November 30, 2008

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel...

Today is the first Sunday of Advent. This is typically a time we already have the tree up, decorated, Advent wreath blessed and blazing with the first purple candle. However, as I finish up 3 projects for class, I am reminded that I have not been on "Watch," as reminded in our Gospel reading from Mark. My humanity has certainly pulled me away from being watchful and anticipating the Blessing of this time of the year...

The children are in Slidell this weekend. I asked my mother-in-law to bring them to church this morning. Last night, Elizabeth, our oldest, called in a panic because our 10 year old, Emma decided church is boring, and now Granny wasn't going to take them to Mass. I told Elizabeth I would take them this evening to CTK. What I didn't tell her was Emma was coming, too. When I told Deacon Daddy about this, he said he would bring some discipline to the situation.

These things, plus the economy, plus all things of this world, have me melancholy in spirit. Why am I allowing this to pull me away from our focus??? Come Lord Jesus, send us your spirit, renew the face of the earth!

MFW

No comments: