Saturday, January 24, 2009

Your Grace is Enough

I have had an awful week, full of retreats and bitterness.  I won't go much into it, because I am now trying to have a gentle spirit, and be docile in my life.  BTW, docile, according to www.dictionary.com's second definition means "teachable."  I used to believe it meant gentle or humble, or submissive.  I don't know why I thought this, but I did.  Now, I am trying to be "teachable."  Isn't this what I tell my staff all the time?  Coachable...teachable...disciplined...able to follow as well as able to lead?

My lessons of this week are too many to name or even comprehend.  My spirit is stirred, and I am trying to listen to the Lord's messages of mercy and love in my life, and in my family's time together.  I reflected on Matt Maher's song, "Your Grace is Enough," and I have received many graces from the Lord this week.  Here are a few of the graces:

  1. I love my husband now more than ever.  I never did not love him, but even more so this week, I recognize that his humble spirit and docility are what I am missing in my life.  He is an excellent example and leader in our home.  Praise be to God that He saw fit to bring us together in Holy Matrimony.
  2. I can't control outcome to my prayers.  I pray in great expectation of being heard, but I must be open to the Lord's answers, and not my own...the Lord's time, and not my own...the Lord's wisdom, and not my own.
  3. I love Paul, and I am so thankful for the wisdom of the Holy Catholic Church, and Pope Benedict, that he saw fit to make this the year of St. Paul.  What a year of CONVERSION!  My own first...Paul tells it like it is...especially about our Eucharist...Look at 1Corinthians 11:  23-33.  Paul is also very clear about the gifts of the Holy Spirit...and how docility is an aid to being open to the gifts (see 1 Corinthians 12).
  4. To continue with Paul, speaking to the new Christians at Corinth, and to us today, in 2009, Paul says the Lord told him the following:  "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness."  I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.  Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).
Paul is great in Christ!  God is good all the time.  Love is above all.  God is love.  I am in a better place now.  Thank you, Jesus!

MFW

1 comment:

Steven Wallace said...

Today 1/25/09 is the the feast of the conversion of St Paul. So, your honoring of paul as a teacher and example are awesome and the timing is perfect.

thank you for this post, now I know in my heart that you are trying to reconcile yourself to the Church and the events that have haapened to you recently. Remember it wasn't the church that was insensitive, it was individuals, who are as imperfect as you are me.

I love you, and more importantly, Jesus loves you.