Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I have had time to think...and Read...

So, my earlier post was a rant about blah blah blah. Today, I read the daily readings from the USCCB, which I will post the first reading here...

Reading 1
1 Jn 4:7-10

Beloved, let us love one another,
because love is of God;
everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God.
Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love.
In this way the love of God was revealed to us:
God sent his only-begotten Son into the world
so that we might have life through him.
In this is love:
not that we have loved God, but that he loved us
and sent his Son as expiation for our sins.


God didn't need to hit me over the head any harder! Love is the answer. Love...And, I was listening to Matt Maher this morning singing "As it is in Heaven," which is an excellent musical and lyrical version of the Lord's Prayer. In it, he speaks of God's mercy. I am asking for mercy and forgiveness for my bitterness and anger over the last few weeks. I am going to turn to love. That doesn't mean I don't think these things are wrong (ok, maybe God does need to beat me over the head), I just believe that one of Jesus' message to us was love.

Peace out,
MFW

1 comment:

Steven Wallace said...

I think that WAS and stll IS his message. Love infiltrates every other message.

I love you